Monday, February 25, 2013

Pinned It, Made It: Ranch Mushrooms

I tried these Ranch Mushrooms for our Sunday Fellowship potluck. Aldi had mushrooms on sale for 69 cents a package so it was a good time to make this recipe!

Only three ingredients and cooked in the crockpot! Mushrooms, a stick of butter and a package of Ranch dressing mix.



I used homemade ranch dressing mix because
 a) we try to avoid prepackaged stuff with preservatives and MSG and other fancy words and
 b) half of my household doesn't like ranch dressing!

I figured a homemade mix may not taste quite so "ranchy" but instead more "herby". This is the recipe I used--I whirred it into a powder in my coffee grinder so it would be more like the  bought mix. (The comments said to use less if powdered--I used around 1 Tablespoon.)

The verdict: 

This couldn't be easier and it turned out delicious! Everyone who likes mushrooms really enjoyed this dish.

I used my little 2 quart crockpot and 1 pound of mushrooms (2-8 ounce packages) filled it up. But they cooked way down....so next time I would add another package after they started cooking. There's plenty of sauce to accommodate more mushrooms.

I saved the leftover butter sauce as the pin said that it was great on steaks or veggies--thinking I'll use it to cook some other veggies this week! Yum!

I'll definitely be making these mushrooms again!

**This post is part of Pinned It, Made It Monday over at Country Girl At Home!**

4 comments:

Wendi said...

I am going to try the ranch recipe. I am trying to stop buying prepackaged foods. So glad you shared this as it is on my list of things to find to make. I love to add the dry mix to sour cream for dipping veggies.

Tori Leslie said...

Hey there, I just found you blog and I love it! This recipe looks delish!
I'll be back!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

these do sound yummy and what a great bargain on the mushrooms!! Thank you for sharing your ranch recipe too, want to try that as well.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Mary Ann,

I don't like mushrooms...think it's a texture thing with me...BUT, Jason loves them and the ranch sounds great (to me) and I know he would like this combination. I will have to give them a try for him. Thanks for sharing and thanks for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday! :)

Blessings,
Tammy